I usually don’t do this stuff, mostly because I feel like I’m usually the last to be tagged but also because I don’t like to brag about myself.
New blogger MoneyMate Kate tagged me this morning for the latest, um, “chain post” and, at first, I dismissed it but after further thought (in the shower), I changed my mind. I’m going to bite.
And now for the rules as detailed as far back as I was willing to follow the chain:
1. To link the tagger and provide the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving names as well as links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.
I’m skipping rules three and four. It’s not that I’m “Captain No-Fun”, I just have a feeling that everyone I’d tag has already done this.
So, here goes…
Seven things about Brainy:
- I’ll be supporting Barack Obama on Tuesday.
Not really a surprise, I mentioned that once already. But I’m not voting for him. I can’t.
I mentioned that too, but what is new is that I can’t vote for anybody anywhere. I can’t vote in the United States because I’m not an American citizen. And, I can’t vote in Canada, where I am a citizen, because I haven’t lived there in the past five years. What a rip off.
And you’d have to think, if ACORN were as guilty of specializing in voter fraud as they’ve been made out to be, why haven’t I been contacted? I’m exactly what they’re apparently looking for…
- I wear argyle socks. Almost exclusively. (and Mom, I’d like a few pairs for Christmas.)
- I haven’t had a real haircut in over 18 months. And only once or twice have I been the obvious victim of a home haircut gone wrong.
- Jennifer Love Hewitt and Entertainment Tonight attended my high school graduation. Both witnessed the head of the Board of Education mispronounce my name though she lived just two houses away and had known me since the age of 7. Sometimes I still wonder about that.
- I graduated from high school twice. Someday I’ll explain that further. No, sadly, it wasn’t a do-over to pronounce my name correctly. It’s… complicated.
- The first job I had out of school only paid $6 per hour. I still hold the same position.
- I got married in Las Vegas. For real. To a woman I’d just met. Okay, that second part is an exaggeration…
How was that?
Oh, and Happy Halloween!